Associate Professor Leo Pinczewski.
Sydney Physiotherapy are proud to work closely with one of the worlds leading knee surgeons. A/Prof Leo Pinczewski has pioneered the Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction and is internationally recognized for his work. He has performed over 12,000 ACL reconstructions and continues presenting and researching in this field.
Awards & Research
Commitment to research has led A/Prof Pinczewski’s to receiving prestigious awards including:
- The Evelyn Hamilton Trust Memorial Prize for Best Scientific Presentation at the Australian Orthopaedic Association annual scientific meetings. Dr Pinczewski has received this award on 3 occasions.
- The Excellence in Surgery Award from the Royal Australian College of Surgeons. Dr Pinczewski is the only Orthopaedic Surgeon to have received this prestigious award.
- The International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine Scientific Research Award for his research into ACL injury and surgery in juveniles (2014).
- He has become a reviewer for The American Journal of Sports Medicine and the British Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
- In 2010 he was presented an associate Professor of Orthopaedics by the University of Notre Dame.
- Dr Pinczewski has been invited to demonstrate his surgical techniques in 20 countries to date and is frequently invited to present his research at international forums. He has delivered an Instructional Course Lecture in ACL injury & reconstruction at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
If you would like to work with a team that consults closely with Dr. Pinczewski click here
To arrange an appointment with his team click here
Thanks for reading, feel free to scroll through more content!
- Rugby Injuries
- ACL rehabilitation
- Recovery from an ACL Reconstruction
- ACL Management
- Hamstring Strain
- Can an ACL heal on it’s own?
- Running Physio